Thanks
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: "Tom Miller" <tmil...@hnncsb.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 12:06:23
To: NT System Admin Issues<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Subject: Re: ntbackup or acronis backups script

You can do this with Robocopy.  Just create whatever folders for backups you
require on the disk, and point the robocopy jobs to the disk.  Something like
week 0:  regular robocopy scripts (copy shares on server to folders on disks).
One folder for each day of the week you back up
week 1:  tell robocopy to copy from backup folder to new folder.
week 2:  same as above
week 3:  same as above
week 4:  run a batch to remove/empty the directories

>>> "jgarciaitl...@gmail.com" <jgarciaitl...@gmail.com> 3/25/2010 10:17 PM >>>
[week-o] todays backup, and this weeks
[week-1] moved by the script lastweek
[week-2]two weeks ago
[week-3]three weeks ago
[week-4]empty (removed by the script fifth week)

I want to be able, and keep four week reation.
I belive some  pree or post backup script may work, any ideas on this?

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, Ben Scott wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 1:50 PM, jgarciaitl...@gmail.com
> <jgarciaitl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is their a batch script
>> That will have all new backs in week o, last week backup 1 two weeks ago
>> week 2 and week 3 and week 4 empty. Like it moved files (acronis backups).
>>
>> and every sunday before it commits to a backup, it moves backups and removes
>> the oldest one 4 th week or so.
>
>  I'm sorry, but I can't understand you.  I gather English is not your
> first language.  Perhaps you could get someone else to translate?  If
> not, try using complete words, complete sentences, and shorter
> sentences.  You might also mention your native language.  Perhaps we
> have native speakers on this list.
>
> -- Ben

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.