On 30 Mar 2010 at 16:07, James Rankin  wrote:

> I would definitely go with Glen's suggestion then. A lot of devices have a
> default 192.168 address type. My boss designed this network as 192.168.x.x,
> and we have had a few issues with home-brew routers being installed and
> screwing with our network transmissions.

Whenever possible I avoid 192.168.x.x in business networks.  It often causes
conflicts when a home-user needs a VPN.

I like to use IP addressing related to that physical address that gives me a
clue about where the machine is.  For example, for a network located at 955
West XXXXth, I would use 10.9.55.x for the LAN.  Of course, this only works for
smallish networks, but that's all I deal with so it works for me ;-)

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona