And if the OP doesn't mention it, who's left holding the bag when someone
sues for back wages. I imagine the scene going down like so:

Manager: We're being sued for back wages because of this system you
implemented.  Why didn't you tell me this was a consequence of your system?
OP (strangled look on face): Wha?
Manager: Your services are no longer required.

To pose a related problem, do all employees logoff when they go to lunch?
No one browses over lunch hour/break?