See I wasn't sure of the physics on it.  But what you are saying makes more
sense than that crap I was saying.
Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven M. Caesare [mailto:scaes...@caesare.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 8:30 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: question on cat-6 and 480V together

It's actually the opposite.

If at all possible, try to cross electrical cables, and signal cables
(including UTP) at right angles.

The magnetic lines of flux induce more signal noise on parallel
conductors than it does perpendicular conductors.

Now, a CAT 5/6 cable running on top of fluorescent fixtures... all bets
are probably off. The wiring and ballasts inside those could be oriented
all over the map.

-sc

and/or entity