Has anyone found a workaround of any sort for the issue with copying
profiles in Windows 2008 R2 - i.e. it can't be done, the Copy button is
greyed-out in System properties for all except the Default User profile? All
I am looking to do is apply some basic settings and remove some of the
associated default user bloat by copying a customised profile to
"\\DC\netlogon\Default User.v2", but MS appear to have removed this
functionality for some reason and are now recommending that you use a local
account and then copy it to the default profile using sysprep. As I
occasionally want to make updates to this customised default profile, this
seems like a bit of a pain in the proverbials to have had the functionality
removed - especially as it was available during my testing on Server 2008
R1.

I have read a few threads recommending the use of a third-party tool called
Windows Enabler, but apparently this changes the desktop to black, which
makes it unsuitable for me. There are also a few suggestions for renaming
the Default folder and then renaming the customised folder to Default, but I
don't fancy doing this...it seems a bit haphazard for my liking, and I like
to get the base user profile nice and smart and streamlined.

If anyone has any ideas or tips I would be very grateful,

TIA,

JRR

--
"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able