From: Erik Goldoff [mailto:egold...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:35 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: "Professional" NetBooks?

My Toshiba is several years old, so not sure the current model offering, but
I specifically got my Satellite because it has a 12" class screen, small and
easily portable, but has CD/DVD burner, Centrino dual core,  and upgraded to
500gb hard drive and 2gb RAM.  I don't lack for computing power, and it's
*almost* as small and lightweight as a netbook.  My girlfriend has an HP
netbook and although I love how portable it is, I find the screen too small
( not enough vertical height ) requiring lots of scrolling on some web sites
and document viewing.  Not so with my 12" Toshiba.  $$ was not cheap, but I
think I got a good value.  Sony has a few supposedly good systems with small
screens, but I refuse to buy the SONY brand ever since their DVD Movie
division had the Rootkit fiasco, especially their response.

Erik Goldoff

IT  Consultant

Systems, Networks, & Security

'  Security is an ongoing process, not a one time event ! '