Per recommendations from this list when I recently asked this question,
I purchased an Avocent Autoview 3016 (16 port).  I believe they are
stackable, they also have other models with more ports.

Overall this works way better than the Belkin I had before.  On this
model they recommend server modules to plug into the server, which are
connected to the switch by cat5 cable.  These are fairly expensive
($60-$80 each) each.  You can also use less expensive "integrated access
cables" ($30 -$40) that come in preset lengths, I think 7, 10 and 15
feet, and are also cat5.  Both available in USB and PS2.  This model is
one local and one remote user.

I have had zero connection problems with this unit over the network,
even through my VPN connection from home.  The only issue I have is that
when using it remotely, it is through a Java Application through a web
browser, and I have trouble keeping the mouse position synchronized.

Ralph