From: Salvador Manzo [mailto:ma...@usc.edu]
Sent: Thursday, 15 April 2010 6:28 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Server 2003 cannot map it's own shares

Curiouser and curiouser (haven't been able to test your fix, Greg, as it needs
to wait until after business hours.)

Owing to our network structure, our hosts have the following records
available:
SERVERNAME
SERVERNAME.domainname.usc.edu (aka FQDN) SERVERNAME.usc.edu

Mapping shares remotely using SERVERNAME or SERVERNAME.FQDN works. Using
SERVERNAME.usc.edu doesn't...