Again, how much risk are you mitigating in 30 days vs 60?  (Or 15 vs 30-45?)
 Even a week of such access is far too long.

This problem is mitigated by properly off-boarding employees such that old
accounts are disabled in a timely fashion, and tracking logon usage so that
off-hours account usage of active accounts is noticed promptly.

In this particular case, the technology makes the choice between option A
and option B trivial, but that's not always true, and so we spend a great
deal of time tackling items that add no measurable benefit.

-ASB: http://XeeSM.com/AndrewBaker