Nope. I'm talking about one I got with another Optiplex machine awhile back.

John-AldrichTile-Tools

From: Jonathan Link [mailto:jonathan.l...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 10:38 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Windows Vista licensing question

When you say Optiplex restory disks, you mean the ones that came with that
specific machine, right?

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Ben Scott <mailvor...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 10:23 AM, John Aldrich
<jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com> wrote:
> ... new Optiplex ...opted for Vista Business ... XP Pro shop .. use one of

> the Optiplex "Restore" disks that puts a "Vanilla" XP Pro image on the
machine.
> So, would that violate the licensing or would that be legal?

 That would be compliant with Microsoft's licensing guidelines, as I
understand them.

 I guess the Win 7 license limits downgrades to within 2 years of
release or something like that, but Microsoft didn't think up that
particular bit of evil until Win 7.

-- Ben

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>