From: Steven Peck [mailto:sep...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 6:37 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Quest ActiveRoles

I use the free AD cmdlets which are nice.

A friend who uses it and is not subscribed and his comments were:
'works for our environment.  tech support is over seas so difficult to get.'
'worst complaint is licensing.  Quest wants license for each and every account
that it sees'

As a result of the licensing issue, they are switching to Microsoft Identity
Management.

They have a rather large and complex environment where they are doing
essentially a hosted Exchange implementation (60,000 mailboxes) for a number of
of trusted domains connected in.  And that's about as specific as I am going to
get.

Steven