Good morning/afternoon,

Windows 2003 AD

I've been tasked with replacing one of our DCs with new hardware. This DC
also services WINs, DNS, DHCP. I'm trying to determine the best order of
operations. I thought I came across some information that recommended the
installation/configuration of WINs and DHCP services prior to promoting the
machine to a domain controller. Can someone confirm that?

Also, with specific regards to WINs: Would it be preferable to install WINs
and set it up as a push/pull partner or simply migrate the WINs database
from the old server to the new. One benefit to adding it as a push/pull
partner is that I will be able to modify all of the clients that are
currently configured to reference the old server at my own pace. If I
migrate the database, I'm worried that I'll need to update all of the
clients a lot sooner or risk wierd issue related to netbios. All clients are
configured with a secondary WINs server reference but I concerned about the
reliability of that config if the primary WINs server was unavailable for an
extended period of time.

I guess I'm just looking for opinions based on personal experiences. Thanks
in advance.

- Sean