You can do this sort of voodoo in Win7...

http://www.withinwindows.com/2009/03/15/windows-7-to-officially-support-logon-ui-background-customization/

--
"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able