On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Travis Robinson
<travis.robin...@octanner.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a program I can use to connect to the share, open a file
> and then close it so we can ensure we’re getting the correct scanning?

  I'm not sure I really understand your question.  You don't give any
information about your environment -- such as, server OS, client OS,
versions/service packs, AV software, configuration, etc.  Assuming you
mean a Windows NFS server and a Unix-like client, and you just want to
make sure when the client reads a file the AV on the server does
something:

        mount -t nfs server:/share /mnt/tmp
        cat /mnt/tmp/* > /dev/null
        umount /mnt/tmp

  That will read the contents of all files in the root of the share
from the server (and then discard what it read).  Modify to taste.

-- Ben