I've read a good bit in recent weeks and maybe I misread something or
read something about an older version, but I am under the impression
that DPM cannot be installed in a virtual environment, if that is
possible then yeah, I'm good to go with this!!!

Currently we run SCCM and SCOM on the same box, so in a way it makes
sense to add DPM, but I share Malcom's concern with regards to mixing
SCCM with much of anything.