Which leads back to what your environment is like, how it is segmented, how
it is controlled, etc, etc.

I wouldnt suggest to DHCP-enable all servers.  But seeing as most server
services are accessed by name, and given that most modern servers can
self-register in DNS, yadda yadda yadda.

But, yes, with greater complexity comes greater chance of issues.  No
question.

--
ME2