I would not EVER use a normal consumer SATA drive in any sort of RAID array.

The only SATA drives I would use are the ones intended for server
storage - the Western Digital RE series or the Seagate Barracuda ES series.

The Western Digital WD5002ABYS is an RE drive and should be fine.

--

Phil Brutsche
p...@optimumdata.com