On 21 May 2010 at 10:48, paul d  wrote:

> My first car was a 72 Nova SS 350; 4 bbl. Didn't have a Hurst, tho, so
> it tended to lock going from 1st to 2nd. Otherwise, great car.

My "first car" was a Honda 305 bike with megaphone pipes that I bought for
$300.  Sounded like a Harley 1200 at low RPMs.  Rode that puppy from Palm Beach
to "Hangover", NH, where I was a starving student in the early 70s.  "What a
trip" .... in the vernacular of the day.  I miss those wheels.

Of course, that was back when we carved our own ICs out of the locally
available wood ... and walked uphill to and from school in snow too deep to
shovel [g,d,rlh]...

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona