From: KenM [mailto:kenmli...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2010 6:59 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: script SSID for wireless configs

To the OP. I did not read through the whole chain so if this has been posted
sorry for the repost.

This may work for you.

The last time I used this was a few years ago on XP so I am not sure about
newer OS's. We were migrating from WEP to WPA2 and we needed away of
migrating from using the intel software to manage the wireless to have
windows manage it. This was a way we could put our old WEP settings on the
windows profile and use GPO for the WPA2 settings. There are some
limitations of this though. It is meant to be used from a USB thumb drive.
So the EXE has to be on the root of a drive. The why I ran it was to put it
on a company shared drive and had our desktop team run the exe when
converting to our new wireless. I also had it in a logon script for some
users but I forget if there was something that needed to be done to get it
working in the logon script.