From:   "Tom Miller" <tmil...@hnncsb.org>
To:     "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Date:   22/05/2010 15:11
Subject:        Re: Dell Just Bought Kace

Old thread, I know.  I purchased a KBOX a few weeks ago; it is replacing
Microsoft Configuration Manager here.

Yes, you can customize installs.  Just use your install builder/packager
like you would otherwise. Or you can use scripting for that.

It's very easy to use.  I like patching, too.  It includes MS updates,
Abode updates, and some A/V vendor updates.

Now that Dell owns it I expect Dell to put some serious $$$ dollars into
it, and it will just get better.

Tom Miller
Engineer, Information Technology
Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board
757-788-0528

>>> Kurt Buff <kurt.b...@gmail.com> 2/17/2010 5:20 PM >>>
Discussion warranted, I presume.

Can you customise software installs? In particular, I'd like to
customise FF and Adobe Reader installs - turn of javascript in Reader,
and add in NTLM auth and a few other things that we do manually here
with FF.

Kurt

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is for
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above. The contents should
not be copied nor disclosed to any other person. Any views or opinions
expressed are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those
of QUINN-Insurance Limited (Under Administration), unless otherwise
specifically stated . As internet communications are not secure,
QUINN-Insurance Limited (Under Administration) is not responsible for the
contents of this message nor
responsible for any change made to this message after it was sent by the
original sender. Although virus scanning is used on all inbound and outbound
e-mail, we advise you to carry out your own virus check before opening any
attachment. We cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of
any software viruses.

QUINN-Insurance Limited (Under Administration) is regulated by the Financial
Regulator and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of UK
business.

QUINN-Insurance Limited (Under Administration) is registered in Ireland,
registration number
240768 and is a private company limited by shares.
Its head office is at Dublin Road, Cavan, Co. Cavan.

proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.