That was last year sometime.  I think all of that was resolved within a few
weeks of the problem.  I don't know anyone running Vipre either on 3.1 or 4
having compatibility issues with ShadowProtect.  I am sure Sunbelt can chime in
to confirm.

From: Jay Dale [mailto:jay.d...@3-gig.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:31 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: VIPRE and Shadowprotect

This was mentioned in the original "Open letter to Alex Eckelberry" posting:

"Unbeknownst to us, Zenith deploys StorageCraft's backup product,
Shadowprotect, which we have found has significant incompatibilities with
VIPRE.  Of course, this was a fault of both companies -- we should have tested
the scenarios before moving forward with the relationship.
It simply never factored into the equation, since we had previously worked just
fine with CounterSpy.  Lesson learned:  Our partner team will now test partner
products before proceeding with a relationship.

So, there were a slew of resellers that picked up VIPRE, deployed it to their
customers, and started experiencing serious issues on servers. It took both
Zenith and Sunbelt some time to figure out what the cause of the issues were.

In addition, this partnership brought in a large amount of new resellers to
Sunbelt, who weren't familiar with the company and our history of service.
Exacerbating the situation was that support response went down, because so many
resellers signed on at once that our support lines were overwhelmed.

We have been in active communication with Zenith, and have a dedicated effort
to identify any potential conflicts with their software.  We are releasing
another def release later today which will solve an FP with Shadowprotect, and
are intensively testing against Shadowprotect going forward.  I don't see this
being a major issue going forward based on reports from R&D."

So, does VIPRE 4.0 Enterprise resolve the issues with Shadowprotect?  We are
looking to implement this as a workstation backup solution.

Thanks,

Jay

Jay Dale
I.T. Manager, 3GiG
Mobile: 713.299.2541
Email: jay.d...@3-gig.com<mailto:jay.d...@3-gig.com>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain
confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination or copying of this e-mail and attachments, if any, or
the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended
recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of
this message.