I played with this at home several months ago after reading something Susan
Bradley wrote about it.  It just flat didn't work.  Your post prompted me to
remotely scan and patch XP and Server 2008 (not R2) machines on my home LAN,
but I cannot, under any set of circumstances that I can create, remotely
scan a Windows 7 machine.  Firewall off, UAC
off,
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy
created and set to either 0 or 1 - no combination of things I tried would
allow a successful scan of a remote Win7 computer.  (All of my Windows 7
machines are x64.  I wasn't able to try against 32 bit Win7.)  I can scan
and patch locally on Windows 7 with no problem.

It's a neat idea (if you don't mind a LOT of potentially private information
stored in the cloud), but I wouldn't think it's anywhere near a 1.0 product.
 More like early beta.

As always, YMMV.

RS