Just a quick .02 from a short termer with Sonicwall. I replaced one CheckPoint
Sofaware box at a client's main location two weeks ago and set up site to site
VPNs with the remote sites still running the Checkpoint boxes.
That weekend I had issues (mostly my own inexperience with the product) and
opened a case. The same Saturday night their support (Sonicwall) called me and
helped me fix it.

However, during the following week we were experiencing drops between the Sonic
box and the remote checkpoint sites. I did leave the checkpoint box up at the
main site and created 2ndary tunnels to each site just in case.
There weren't any drops from checkpoint to checkpoint.
I opened a new case with Sonicwall to see what else I may be doing wrong, but
have yet to hear back.

So bottom line, my short term experience is that their support is hit or miss
(50/50). We have the premium support for a year.

The box is very complex/capable from what I've seen so far though.  I had
planned to just go Sonicwall across the board as we can get the client to
allocate the close to $700 per box for the remaining 3 sites so the drops may
not be an issue if we are all on the same platform.

My final comment on this is that these boxes should still be able to
communicate without performance impacts or issues, regardless of vendor, as
long as we set them up right.

Hope that helps!

Don K