On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Fergal O'Connell
<foconn...@curamsoftware.com> wrote:
> Basically, automated builders connect to the samba share (on a VOB server) ...

  What's a "VOB server"?

> the samba share connects to the AD password server to authenticate.

  How is authentication configured on the Samba box?  That is, what is
the "security" parameter set to in smb.conf?  "server" (SMB
peer-to-peer), "domain" (NT v4 domain), or "ads" (Active Directory
domain)?

  If you've got an AD domain (and you do), "ads" is prolly the best
option, as it makes the Samba box a "real" domain member.
Authentication will be both more efficient and more secure.

> cli_session_setup: NT1 session setup failed: NT_STATUS_REQUEST_NOT_ACCEPTED

  The NT_STATUS_REQUEST_NOT_ACCEPTED part is key.  That's the error
status that Windows is giving back to the Samba box.  A Google for it
(without even "Samba") seems to suggest it's a common problem.  I'd
start there.

http://www.google.com/search?q=NT_STATUS_REQUEST_NOT_ACCEPTED

-- Ben