From: Sean Martin [mailto:seanmarti...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 12:00 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: [OT - sorta, kinda, maybe] Who needs a hot-aisle in their
server room?

Nah, we use these to lift Blade Chassis' and large servers into our 51u
racks. Makes life so much easier!

http://serverlift.com/products/sl500/

- Sean

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 6:52 AM, Erik Goldoff <egold...@gmail.com> wrote:

Being the cynic, I can just imagine one or more cases leaking mineral oil
all over, first person into server room slips and busts their butt , second
person laughs before he/she falls too….

And just remember, eventually all the heat that the mineral oil soaks up has
to go somewhere too !

And what happens when you have to slide out a server in the rack to swap out
components ?  Bet them suckers are HEAVY, now you need 6 people to safely
mount a server without spilling ‘coolant’ <grin>

Oh, the humanity !

Erik Goldoff

IT  Consultant

Systems, Networks, & Security

'  Security is an ongoing process, not a one time event ! '