A user brought a used laptop they had gotten that was used in an office
setting. To be on the safe side, I thought I'd install MalwareBytes and run
a scan. Unfortunately, when I tried to do that, XP (the laptop is running XP
Pro) barfed on a MalwareBytes DLL file. Any idea what could be the problem?
It's got Avast! antivirus on it, but even disabling the "real-time"
protection, it won't let me install MalwareBytes. L

I am in the middle of downloading Vipre Rescue to be on the safe side, but I
thought I'd ask in here and see if anyone has seen this behavior before.

The laptop is an IBM Thinkpad T20m originally licensed for Win98. Sometime
before I saw it, it was upgraded to XP Pro.

John-AldrichTile-Tools

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>