From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2010 09:27
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Internet Proxy - Group Policy Question

IMHO, this is not the most effective way of going about it.

I would instead enforce that IE (and if you can, any other browsers) to
automatically detect proxy settings, then set up
http://wpad.example.com/wpad.dat, then configure wpad.dat with the settings you
want.

That way, if the above URL isn't available - because they're outside your
perimeter, for example - then the browser is free to go direct, and not use the
proxy.

Kurt