I've been using RoboCopy for years to copy files from remote offices
back to a server at the main office and it has worked great.  Recently I
had to for the first time use the backed up files when rebuilding a
server at one of those remote offices and realized that because I was
only using the /MIR switch I didn't have any of the security settings.
Not a big deal because I have them documented and was able to recreate
them.  However, I decided to add the /SEC switch for future backups.

What I have found is that whereas in the past it used to take on the
average 30 to 60 minutes every night, since adding /SEC it now runs for
24 hours or more, even though the actual copy time is only 30 minutes or
so.

Does anyone know if this is typical behavior when using RoboCopy with
/MIR /SEC?

Ralph

Confidentiality Notice:

This communication, including any attachments, may contain confidential inf
ormation and is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is add
ressed. Any review, dissemination, or copying of this communication by anyon
e other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are not t
he intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email, delete and