On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Jimmy Tran <jt...@teachtci.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to allow domain users to cscript to change the default script
> host?  I really don’t want to make users local admins on their machines.

  Do you need for them to be able to make the change at will, or are
you just looking to make CSCRIPT the default for everyone?

  If the later, you could do it in a computer startup script.

  If you want them to be able to make the change... you might be able
to use LUA Bug Light to identify which registry key(s) it is
modifying, and then grant permission to all users on those keys.
However, you're creating a potential security exposure there, as now
one user could potentially replace the system-wide script host with
something nefarious.  Then an admin logs in and runs a script...

-- Ben