What are you looking to support on this VM, and what have been your problems
with snapshots?

I happen to love HyperV in 2008 R2.   I like VMWare, and have used it pretty
extensively, but if the requirement is to support a small environment and
that doesn't  require a whole lot of automatic high-availability features,
then I prefer HyperV.

I haven't tried Xen, yet, so I can't speak to it as an option, although I
have heard pretty good things about it.

-ASB: http://XeeSM.com/AndrewBaker

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 3:49 AM, Oliver Marshall <
oliver.marsh...@g2support.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> We are looking at a new VM host here and I have to decide if we go for
> HyperV (our current option), VMWare (the cheaper version whatever that is)
> or Xen.
>

> Any comments? I used to like HyperV but after some issues with snapshots
> I'm going off it and I feel it doesn't make best use of the hardware.
>

> I don't really want to run another OS on my machine however that I have to
> learn all over again.
>

> Olly
>

>    Network Support
> Online Backups
> Server Management
>
> Tel: 0845 307 3443
>
> Email: oliver.marsh...@g2support.com
>
> Web: http://www.g2support.com
>
> Twitter: g2support <http://twitter.com/home?stat...@g2support>
>
> Newsletter: http://www.g2support.com/newsletter
>
> Mail: 2 Roundhill Road, Brighton, Sussex, BN2 3RF
>

> Find out more about our referral gift scheme at www.g2support.com/referral
>

> G2 Support LLP is registered at Mill House, 103 Holmes Avenue, HOVE
>
> BN3 7LE. Our registered company number is OC316341.

<<g2supportsmall_250x58border1649.png>>

<<personal25f90.jpg>>