From: Angus Scott-Fleming [mailto:angu...@geoapps.com]
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 7:46 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Passwords on paper? Seriously?

On 15 Jul 2010 at 22:20, Ben Scott  wrote:

>   Don't forget that [expletive] "Adobe Download Manager" crap.

Here's the batch file I use to retrieve the latest flash player
============= Included Stuff Follows =============
:: Flash 10 for Windows2000-7 Internet Explorer:
wget
http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.
exe

:: Flash 10 Player for Windows 2000-7, Firefox, Opera, Chrome/Safari:
wget
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_playe
r.exe

============= Included Stuff Ends =============

Also, I have found that you can download the Flash ActiveX installer by
downloading it in Firefox.  And if you choose "other OS" you can usually
bang
your way to a download link that works without the #...@%#$%@!# installer.

>   ftp://ftp.adobe.com/ still works, fortunately, but it's a maze of
> twisty passages, all alike.  Not exactly user-friendly.

At least they provide it, kudos to them for that.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona