From: Holstrom, Don [mailto:dholst...@nbm.org]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 9:54 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Do you all like fewer or more servers?

I only have a hundred users. Been doing this for about 12 years. I always
thought it was better to have more or less one major server per service. That
way, if one of our services came down or needed work, I wouldn't be taking down
the entire system. I have a buddy with fewer users than me and he has 20+
servers. Some in the air (virtual), some on the ground. I have seven servers
running. Both of us host our web services at an outside firm. Both of us use
Exchange. An outside firm says we should go with only a couple of servers. That
sure would make things easier, but...