From: Ziots, Edward [mailto:ezi...@lifespan.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:23 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Password Access Windows 2003 and Above Servers

Actually another good reason to try and crack the password is to test the
strength of the passwords your are setting on the systems. I did this with my
passwords and OPHCRACK and rainbow tables and it took a good bit of time before
the passwords chosen, where cracked...

Just make sure you have written approval before you start cracking passwords on
systems you don’t know... Could be stepping into very hot water, especially if
they come after you with violations of the computer abuse and fraud act.

Edward E. Ziots
CISSP, Network +, Security +
Network Engineer
Lifespan Organization