Here's one explanation from MS on IE6's Life Cycle.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifean24

Windows 2003 SP1 support appears to expire on 4/14/2011 -
http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3198
Windows XP Pro appears to have extended support until 4/18/2014 -
http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3223

Based on that information, it appears IE6 should receive extended support up
until 4/18/2014.

- Sean