On 21 Jul 2010 at 16:33, Roger Wright  wrote:

> http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html can be added to the logon
> script and set to output to a local or network file for later review.

Running something at the workstation is not "agentless" to my way of thinking.
It's also not licensed for business use.

On 21 Jul 2010 at 15:10, IS Technical  wrote:

> Can anyone recommend an agentless tool (freeware or not) which
> will inventory system on a network and generate a hardware report
> of systems on the network. All systems run Windows (various
> versions).
>
> A scriptable tool is preferred but tools with GUIs are OK.

I've been using Spiceworks now for 6 months on my largest client network.  It
should do what you are asking.  You have to open up some ports in the firewall,
and WMI needs to be running properly on the workstations being inventoried.

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona