Dear Adobe-

You suck.

Allow me to expand: Your software installer is broken. It has been for
years. It's broken across many of the packages in your product line.
It's documented in your knowledge base. Confirmation on the brokenness
of your installer is only a Google search away. It's a known issue
that's been known for a LOOONG time. Yet you have done nothing about it.

Given the abundance of the fine print, and the considerable length of
your EULA, I have to assume that the art of reading has been mastered
somewhere there at Adobe, and I must assume that occasionally somebody
cracks your own KB and is aware of this?

On Windows machines with a Documents & Settings folder redirected to a
network drive, your installer erroneously complains that the network
drive letter is "invalid". I know... it just happened to me while trying
to update Read (and please don't' get me started on your software update
virus that manages to reinstall itself to run at startup no matter how
many times I try to squash it.

. "Invalid Drive H:", you say installer? That's funny, I'm browsing the
contents of that directory right now.  Now I'm not the sharpest tool in
the shed, but I do have a pretty good handle on the alphabet... so when
I see the output of a "dir /s h:" pouring past me in a CMD window at the
same time your installer is telling me there is no drive H:, I have to
assume somebody's lying to me... and I have a pretty good idea who.

Now, your KB has all sorts of suggestions like editing the registry,
modifying directory permissions, etc... but quite frankly, it's much
easier to just temporarily unmap the network drive, plug in a thumb
drive, and temporarily change the drive letter to H:, so that way your
installer can go on its merry way. However, that's the kicker: YOUR
INSTALLER DOESN'T EVEN NOTICE THAT THE SETTINGS DIRECTORY ISN'T ON DRIVE
H: AND IN FACT WRITES NOTHING THERE AT ALL! Yup... that's right, your
installer complains about a network drive existing where it wants a
physical drive for... NO REASON WHATSOEVER. Awesome.

Now, you will say that you license the installer from another company.
OK. You will also say that  there are software packages form other
companies that also suffer from that same 3rd-party licensed installer
bug. To which I say: "Yeah, you're right... they suck too.". Here's the
response to all of that: there's a buttload of software packages out
there that DON'T suffer from that bug... so it can be done. Take
somebody off the team that is in charge of confusing us with the
different packages of Acrobat, Reader, Professional, that deal with
PDF's, and have them look at this for a couple of days.

So in summary: PLEASE FIX YOUR FRIGGIN' INSTALLER. You guys can write
some great software. The new CS5 suite rocks... particularly the Mercury
engine in Premiere Pro.... So I know you guys can do it. And while
you're at it think about 64 bit flash... it's only been what... 5+ years
we've had 64bit windows now?

Sincerely-

-Steven Caesare