That was one of my initial thoughts, but it's not borking on every other
system it applies to. It's just a Group Policy Preference to copy some files
across, and it works fine if I do the copy manually. The source is actually
a TeraStation, so there appears to be no file permissions you can set on it
(it's all just source files so there's no need for any security on it
anyway). I thought there might be an expired account logged on to the
system, which is why I restarted it, but that appeared to make no
difference. AFAIK, there's no particular account associated with executing a
Group Policy Preference (open to education here).