The problem is, there IS NO KEY. If I build a computer to get the key I must
buy XP along with Win7/Vista whether it's the $30 discounted version of full
price. It must be bought. I typically think of rights as "free". Some
scenarios such as VL and large OEM's that provide the media and keys etc. at
purchase make it a non-issue if you go that route. There is no additional
cost. The MS page only say you need to use legitimately obtained media. You
don't need a unique disc for this. Really they could provide an ISO and
email a key like they already do on other products.

I know XP is long in the tooth. I want everyone running Win7 too. But when I
have to go back working in the real world, I still have some customers who
require  XP. The $30 isn't a cost issue. It's a "why" issue. Also, it's
another order that you can't do until you have your Win7 key to give them. I
hope they ship those discs out faster than some of their other offers that
take weeks. I just think it's a broken system and for silly reasons that
could be avoided.

--
Mike Gill