Has anyone else had  an issue with Backup Exec where after cataloging
media that you can't restore it?

Our backups look like this... we backup to disk and then backup the disk
to tape.  I've restored the data from the tape to the disk, then
inventoried and cataloged the media (which both have completed
successfully) that I need to restore.  However when you go to restore
the data, it states that the media isn't in the catalog and that I need
to catalog the media in order to restore it.  I've stopped BE services,
renamed the catalog folder to catalog.old, restarted the BE services and
then re-cataloged the media.

Cameron Cooper

Network Administrator | CompTIA A+ Certified

Aurico Reports, Inc

Phone: 847-890-4021 | Fax: 847-255-1896

ccoo...@aurico.com <mailto:ccoo...@aurico.com>  | www.aurico.com