Does anyone have any experience with relocating the VAMT (Volume
Activation Management Tool) used for proxy activiations of Windows
Server 2008, et al?  We have a modest amount of Windows Server 2008
boxes, and the VAMT was the best tool for us to handle the activations.
I need to move this function from the server it is currently on (2003
Server) to a new server (which will itself be 2008).  I have tried to do
some searching to determine if there is any particular migration
methodology required, but my google-fu has failed me.

The only things that look like data in the application directory have an
extension of "xrm-ms".  Plus, there is the CIL (Computer Information
List) file which apparently stores information on the activations that
have been performed.

I am thinking that I can just copy the files over to another server and
be fine, as I am guessing that no critical information is stored within
the application.  Can anyone confirm/deny this is the case, or provide
any other information?

TIA,
Bill Mayo