Have you had experience is Access Based Enumeration? You can setup one
master share, and unless you have NTFS permissions of read to the
directory underneath, the user doesn't even see the directory, which
means they wouldn't be able to read/write from it, and should solve the
problem.

I do agree that it's a little more labor intensive, but you could setup
the structure, use Icacls.exe to backup the ACL's once in place ( or
script it out) and if anything goes wrong, reply the ICACLS script to
set the permissions accordingly.

I have done this on Windows 2003 R2, and looking to make it the defacto
standard on Windows 2008 R2 ( As soon as I plow through Miansi's most
excellent 2008 R2 book, if you don't have a copy, I would suggest you
get it)

Edward E. Ziots
CISSP, Network +, Security +
Network Engineer