And some companies won't even confirm or deny a potential hire worked for
them. Had that happen a couple times.

From: Maglinger, Paul [mailto:pmaglin...@scvl.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:23 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Resume "best practices"

I'd put the employer down and then explain at the interview not to contact
them until things were pretty much ironed out.  I've never had a potential
employer call my current employer before a personal interview.  I've never
had a potential employer disregard my request not to contact them either.
Most companies are aware of these situations.  Besides, most companies don't
put a lot of stock into contacting your present or past employers because by
law they are limited what they can say about you.

-Paul