It's more important now than it was then.  Look for this to impact mobile
devices more than desktops/laptops.

From: Erik Goldoff [mailto:egold...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 9:27 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Intel to buy McAfee for $7.68 billion

Intel owning a security product is NOT a new concept ... remember Intel
LanDesk and LanProtect Antivirus ?

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Andrew S. Baker <asbz...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yow!!!

Now that is a huge surprise.  I'm not sure what to be more scared about:

-- That Intel feels it needs integrated security solutions

-- That it feels that McCrappy was the best organization to purchase to get
that capability

-- That we might have integrated McCrappy on our systems whether we like it
or not in a few months/years

-- That AMD or other chipmakers might do something similar to avoid being
left behind.

ASB (My XeeSM Profile) <http://xeesm.com/AndrewBaker>
Exploiting Technology for Business Advantage...

Signature powered by  <http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install> WiseStamp