From: Steven Peck [mailto:sep...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:35 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Old user data

We disable the user account and move it to a specific OU.
30 days we delete the user account.
- We have a script which checks daily and if there is no AD account will delete
the user network drive, terminal server profile
- We have Exchange set to kill disconnected mailboxes 30 days so email has 60
days grace

On the employee termination form there is a check box that managers can check
if they want access to data.
- If they want data access our accounts team sets permissions and then then
sends them an email with instructions.
- they are also notified of the delete date, they can request an extension
- if they don't, it's gone.
- if necessary we can restore from backup.  5k+ employees, only happened once
in the last few years

Steven Peck
http://www.blkmtn.org
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Ziots, Edward