Single namespace on a 2008 domain controller. Target resides on a 2008
file server.  DFS links work just dandy for users.  They can browse the
the links, install software, etc.  HOWEVER...when deploying software to
the computer using the DFS path, the install fails saying the 'location
is unavailable'.  Software deployment to a user works just fine.

I'm convinced it's a security setting somewhere, almost like the
computer account can't access the DFS path.  When I add the computer
account to the 'domain users' group, the deployment succeeds.

I've checked the share permissions on the target, NTFS permissions on
the target and those look ok.  Is there something I need to do special
to allow computers accounts to read DFS paths?

Thanks all!!

John C. Kelsey
DuBois Regional Medical Center
(:  814.375.3073