From: Evan Brastow [mailto:ebras...@automatedemblem.com]
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 12:06 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: SonicWALL and Comcast

Happy Friday peoples and peopettes,

Has anyone had experience setting up a SonicWALL firewall (NSA 2400 to be
exact) with Comcast Internet service? My consultant came down on Tuesday and
we gave it a try. He set it up, we put it live on the network (replacing the
Netscreen that's there,) and things worked for about 10-20 minutes, then we
were unable to load any web pages. We could ping sites like www.google.com,
but not connect via the web. We called Comcast, and they weren't any help.

He called me yesterday and told me to change my DNS forwarders from Comcast
to Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 servers, which I did. I'm going to try
taking out the Netscreen and putting the SonicWALL back in over the weekend,
but I just wanted to know if there were any well known gotchas?

Thanks,

Evan

You are currently subscribed to ntsysadmin as: egold...@gmail.com.
To unsubscribe click here:
http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/u?id=8059487.199d77c1f8d9b4203ec229cb80e55
0da
<http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/u?id=8059487.199d77c1f8d9b4203ec229cb80e5
50da&n=T&l=ntsysadmin&o=9076799> &n=T&l=ntsysadmin&o=9076799
or send a blank email to
leave-9076799-8059487.199d77c1f8d9b4203ec229cb80e55...@lyris.sunbelt-softwar
e.com

You are currently subscribed to ntsysadmin as: arch...@mail-archive.com.