From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Monday, 30 August 2010 11:48 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Finding unused/dead groups?

In no environment (of six that I manage) have I moved servers outright where
this would be an issue, replacement file servers (quite rare in fact) inherit
the same name and new servers get new groups.

Having said that, you do bring up a good point to consider going forward. Is it
possible to script changing AD group names in bulk? If I had 20 group names
that started SERVER1_ change them to SERVER2_ ?

If not server names, what do you use for an AD group name used to accessing
file shares?

Dave