The KMS has no idea about how many licenses you own. All it does is act as
an internal activation service.

-Malcolm

From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 13:31
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: re: Windows 7: buy PCs with license or withhout

Microsoft charity licensing is excellent and I usually use that.  But the
potential problem is how do I tie OEM licenses to a volume license since I'd
use a volume license in my image?  I don't want Windows 7 machines built
with my image halting due to "licensing issues" as the KMS system doesn't
realize it has enough licenses.  Apologies if this is not clear - hope I
using the correct terminology.

>>> "Paul Hutchings" <paul.hutchi...@mira.co.uk> 9/2/2010 2:19 PM >>>
Unless you're on an enterprise agreement or "something" where you have the
pricing sorted, I've never known it be cheaper to not buy OEM - the price
difference has usually made it a no-brainer.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is for
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.