From: Bill Humphries [mailto:nt...@hedgedigger.com] Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 12:35 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: slow transfers:was MSA30 woes

Okay, this one is making my head hurt. I'm still investigating why my 500gig backup is taking 80 hours. It looks like it isn't a disk i/o problem. It looks like I have extremely slow data transfers from the mail server to the backup server. Using perfmon on both machines shows no packet loss or errors. The switches think everything is hunky-dory. I even moved the two machines to the same physical switch and no change. While transferring a file from the mail server both NICs show 1% utilization. If I move data the other way I see 25-50% utlization and a proper transfer speed. I have stopped any antivirus services on both machines.

What gives?  What else should I be looking at?

Thanks.

Bill